9/24/2007

Today is holiday in Japan

Today is one of the Japanese national holiday. We call 'Shun-bun (Autumn- separation) no ('s) Hi (day). I simply looked at the meaning of this particular holiday on the website (Japanese wikipedia.org). It says 'Shun-bun no Hi is the day to respect and remember our ancestors'. We also believe the day has the same length of day and night time, but truly day time is longer (according to the wikipedia.org).

Also today is the middle of the equinoctial week. Many Buddhists in Japan visit their ancestors' graves in the temple during this week. I am not sure I am going to. If my parents or grandparents go, I will, but if they have already been there, I won't. To me, there is no religious reason to visit the grave, but respect to my ancestors. I guess I will write my ideas against religions in this blog in the future.

I think I'd better finish today's message before finishing this particular day. It is ending in 3 minutes.

0 件のコメント: